Saturday, March 28, 2009

K Cups!!!

I’m addicted to coffee, although I truly have cut down and am now mostly drinking green tea from Two Leaves and a Bud.

I have not owned an automatic coffee machine in over 5 years. I grind my own coffee beans and use a French press because it provides a more intense, flavorful coffee and I require it strong. Some mornings, depending on the laze or time factor, I’ll drink tea simply because it’s much faster.

Every time I get around those single serve coffee brewing systems, I get small kitchen appliance envy. Whilst in Cancun, I spent a great deal of time at the hotel coffee bar where there was a professional single serve espresso machine. I knew I had to get one when I got home to use on those days when I wanted something quick and easy.

Well, I now am the proud owner of a Keurig Special Edition Gourmet Single Serve Coffee Maker (the B60).


Had I known it would come with an 18 Kcup variety pack, I might have held off on purchasing Timothy's Extra Bold Rainforest Espresso ( I got a really great deal on Amazon).


My first cup (Green Mountain Coffee’s Dark Magic) which was from the included variety pack, was very mediocre, I’m hoping the Tims will be much better or else im stuck with 48 kcups.

Now, the K-Cups are pretty expensive. After doing a little research I found this money saving device that allows you to reuse your K-cups and fill them with your own coffee. Brilllllliant!

Hopefully this wont end up in the small kitchen appliance graveyard next to my juicer….

No comments: